Bonneterie Chanteclair ©OlivierFrajman
The French textile industry, composed mainly of small and medium-sized enterprises, defends a local social dialogue adapted to the diversity of its professions. As a social partner, UIT contributes to the textile industry social dialogue.
A process of renovation of the National Collective Agreement for the sector has been initiated. It is particularly based on new professional classifications.
Missions and actions of UIT
- Negotiate national textile industry agreements
- Managing the National Collective Agreement for the Textile Industry
- Produce tools and guides adapted to SMEs
- Support regional and sectoral federations, in direct contact with companies regarding their social issues.
UIT participates in the social commissions of MEDEF and France Industrie.
- UIT Recommendation of April 5th 2019 on minimum industrial wages
- Creation and implementation of the National Joint Commission for Negotiation, Conciliation and Interpretation of the Textile Industry (extension order of October 16th 2019)
- Planned 2020 negotiations on minimum industry wages and gender equality in the workplace
- Support to UIT members and member companies during the covid-19 crisis; information and decryption of regulatory texts.