French textile network
Textiles relies on a network of players in France and abroad.
Their contact details are listed according to the following categories (click on each category to display its contacts):
Innovation is at the heart of the development of textile companies. Several organizations assist them:
- Institut Francais du Textile et de l’Habillement – IFTH (French Institute of Textile and Clothing)
At the service of Fashion, Textile and Clothing companies, IFTH is the center of expertise and innovation in the sector. IFTH assists companies in their professional career development training, quality-certification, research and innovation and standardization needs through the BNITH (Textile and Clothing Industry Standardization Bureau), approved by AFNOR (French Standards Association).
- Techtera - Competitiveness cluster
Techtera is a textile competitiveness cluster whose mission is to increase the competitiveness of companies through collaborative innovation. Techtera offers a set of services in order to encourage and develop collaborative innovation on processes and products and support collaborative R&D projects.
- EuraMaterials - Competitiveness cluster
EuraMaterials is a cluster serving the materials and textile processing industries. The team assists innovative project leaders, companies and research actors, to enable them to find solutions, perform and grow.
- CETI, European Center for Innovative Textiles
CETI is at the service of companies to encourage and accelerate innovation. It is a place for creating, experimenting, prototyping and industrializing new products, materials and processes adapted to the needs of the global industry. CETI collaborates with manufacturers, major brands and distributors in the fashion, sports, luxury goods, technical textiles industry.
- R3ilLab - Network for intangible innovation in industry
The R3iLab is a network of textile, fashion and creative industries business leaders whose objective is to promote innovation, particularly intangible, in the industry. This movement, led by industrialists for industrialists, sets up, leads and organizes a number of actions and projects intended to support innovation within companies.
Refashion (ex-Eco TLC) is the eco-organization of the Clothing Textile, Household Linen & Footwear sector which ensures, on behalf of marketers (5,000 + companies), the prevention and end-of-life management of their products. At the heart of the sector's ecosystem and at the service of all stakeholders, Refashion helps finance the transition to the circular textile economy. To do so, it measures the evolution of situations, sheds light on the paths of innovation, accompanies and encourages the implementation of different forms of progress, such as eco-design, whose development is promoted by the circular economy law.
ADEME is a public institution under the supervision of the Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition and the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation. ADEME is responsible for coordinating and participating in the financing of research and innovation.
- CLUBTEX - Association for the Promotion of Technical Textile Companies
- STARTEX - Association for the promotion of companies through trade shows
- Pôle textile Alsace
The Pôle Textile Alsace association supports textile companies on the paths of knowledge and know-how necessary to improve their performance. The Pôle Textile Alsace offers collective actions aimed at developing innovation, positioning itself in high value-added markets while promoting the skills of the local sector and networking.
- France Terre Textile, label promoting manufacturing in France
- Technical Textiles in France
Textiles for technical uses (TUT) in France, there are nearly 600 companies (from very small businesses to large groups, including a multitude of SMEs), about twenty trades (from fiber or spinning to manufacturing and assembly), covering no less than 12 sectors of application.
A working group of the Union des Industries Textiles, SECUROFEU brings together companies that produce, transform, sell or install textile products subject to French and European fire safety regulations. SECUROFEU promotes and defends products with high levels of fire retardant, both in the regulated and private sectors at national and European level. SECUROFEU created the nonfeu® and STOPFLAM® brands to attest to the high levels of fire retardant of certified products.
Employment & career development and education training
Career development and education training assistance and financing
- OPCO 2i - cross-industry skills operator & collecting organization for Career development training and apprenticeship contributions in the industry.
Promotion, advice and financing of employee career development training and the integration of young people in their early career stage. Mission: to inform, advise and support companies, employees, young people in training and job seekers in the implementation of their HR, skills, career development training and apprenticeship projects.
- French Tex
Employment and career development training portal for textile companies and professions
- Savoir pour faire
Employment and career development training portal for companies and professions in the fashion and luxury goods industry
- Observatory of fashion, textiles and leather profession
Job description and educational portal
Training and Education
- The Knitwear, Lingerie and Swimwear Federation
The Federation offers an extensive catalogue of educational courses that can be carried out as is or "adapted" to measure within a company. Experienced professional teachers prepare and lead the sessions based on practical cases and illustrations adapted to company needs. If you have a specific request, the team will analyze your needs and draw up a program in consultation with your company's career development manager.
- French Institute of Textile and Clothing - IFTH
Serving fashion, textile and clothing companies, IFTH is the sector's center of expertise and innovation. IFTH supports companies with their career development training needs.
- Institut Farnçais de la Mode - IFM
Career development training and expertise center for textile and fashion professionals. Higher education, continuing education, training, consultancy and statistics.
- Première Vision
Europe's largest trade fair for fashion materials and services, Première Vision Paris is held twice a year at the Parc des Expositions de Villepinte. Several other specialized trade shows are held throughout the year. The site also offers a market place.
- Interfilière by Eurovet
Interfilière is the only international meeting place for fabrics and accessories for the lingerie, swimwear and sports market.
- International Lingerie Fair
The Salon International de la Lingerie is the world's best known and recognized leading platform. This is an event you shouldn't miss! This event should not be missed under any circumstances!
- Maison et Objet
Explore the world of interior fashion at Maison et Objet. Beyond a trade show, Maison et Objet is the center of attraction for all professionals.
- French Committee for Textile Care Labelling - COFREET
To find out all about labelling textile products with symbols: conditions of use, care symbols, information about textile labelling obligations, COFREET's missions.
- National Federation of Manufacturers of Civil and Military Administrative Supplies - FACIM
- French Cotton Association - AFCOT
You will find here a presentation of our activities, the list of our members, information and links related to cotton.
- French Union of Fashion and Clothing Industries - UFIMH
Gathers the French federation of men's clothing industries, the French federation of women's ready-to-wear, the French federation of shirt-lingerie industries, the federation of various clothing industries and the French manufacturing grouping.
- Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode
- Maison du savoir‐faire et de la création
- Cité Internationale de la dentelle et de la Mode de Calais
The website of all the partners who are members of the Cité-Musée de la Dentelle et de la Mode project in Calais.
- Fashion & Home Designers Union
- Official Directory of Crafts of France
France's first official and national website dedicated to art professions. This illustrated directory lists professionals in the 217 craft professions and provides their contact details.
- Maison Méditerranée des Métiers de la Mode
Network of fashion, textile and clothing professionals in the Euro-Mediterranean.
To finance and support SMEs
BpiFrance works with private players, both in financing and as an investor. It acts as a catalyst and causes a ripple effect to strengthen the investment capacities of companies.
- Business France
Thanks to its international network of professionals, Ubifrance supports French companies in their international development.
- DGE - The General Directorate of Enterprises
Intellectual property and counterfeiting
- National Anti-Counterfeiting Committee - NACC
Placed under the aegis of the Minister in charge of industrial property, the CNAC is a forum for exchange, consultation and coordination between public and private partners involved in the fight against counterfeiting. The CNAC deals with infringements of all intellectual property rights: copyrights and related rights, designs and models, patents, trademarks, geographical and plant varieties indications.
- The Union des Fabricants works to ensure that industrial property is protected internationally - UNIFAB (French Association to Promote and Defend Intellectual Property)
- French Customs
- EURATEX The European Apparel And Textile Confederation
- European Flax and Hemp Confederation (CELC)
- European Man-Made FIbres Association (CIRFS)
- DG " Trade " Market Access Database Status of tariffs, non-tariff barriers
- DG "Enterprises" of the European Commission
- International Textile Manufacturers Federation - ITMF
- Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI)
- Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry
- International Textile & Apparel Association
- International Wool Textile Association - IWTO
- World Trade Organization - WTO
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development - OECD